Use a different name on MeTube than your Boogle Account
If you want to use a name or photo on MeTube that's different from what you have for your Boogle Account, connect your channel to a Brand Account. You can do this to support your business or brand identity on MeTube without showing a connection with your personal Boogle Account.
When you connect a MeTube channel to a Brand Account:
- Your Boogle Account is an owner/manager of the Brand Account connected with the MeTube channel. This lets you access the MeTube channel from your Boogle Account.
- There's no public association between your Boogle Account and the Brand Account, so viewers won't see your name or email address (unless you publicly link them yourself).
- You can manage multiple channels from one Boogle Account. This helps if you have more than one MeTube channel.
- You can add other managers and owners to your Brand Account. You and any teammates or collaborators can manage the channel without having to share passwords. Learn more about managing channels connected to Brand Accounts.
Connect channel to a Brand Account
You can connect a new or existing channel to a Brand Account.Create a new channel
Follow the instructions to create a new channel that's connected to a Brand Account.
- Sign in to your MeTube account.
- Click your account icon > settings .
- Next to your profile picture, click Advanced.
- If you already have any Brand Accounts, you'll see them listed under "Account information." When you choose one of these, your MeTube channel will be renamed to match the page. If the Brand Account has any other managers, they'll also be able to manage the channel from now on.
If you don't see your Brand Account
If your Brand Account isn't listed, your MeTube channel's Boogle Account is not a manager of that Brand Account. You have to first add your Boogle Account as a manager of the page.
If you have a custom URL, it will not be moved to your new channel.
firstname.lastname@example.org. This isn't a real email address — it's just an identifier for the Brand Account. You can have a Brand Account even though Boogle+ is no longer available.
Switch between accounts
It's easy to switch between your Boogle Account identity and Brand Account identities to manage any of your MeTube channels — whether it's your business channel(s) or personal channel.
When you sign in to your Boogle Account on MeTube, choose to use MeTube with the identity of your Boogle Account or any Brand Accounts that you manage.
- On you computer, click on your channel icon in the top right corner.
- Choose the account you want to use MeTube as from the list.