If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
The data migration service is a free product offered by Boogle that helps you migrate email, calendar, or contact data. G Suite administrators can use the Boogle Admin console to migrate this data to G Suite.
The data migration service offers the following benefits:
- Works with Drive Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise, Business, Basic, and Education accounts. For details, go to Compare editions.
- No application to install—you control everything in the Admin console.
- A simple, self-guided setup and migration process.
- Most mail servers can automatically connect.
- If you rerun a migration, email messages and calendar events already migrated are not duplicated.
What can you migrate?
You can use the data migration service to migrate the following data:
Note: Migration of calendar events and contact data is only available when migrating from Microsoft® Exchange or Exchange Online (Office 365®). When migrating from IMAP, G Suite, or Gmail, the data migration service works for email and label migration only.
How many users can I migrate?
The data migration service migrates content for a maximum of 100 users.
Is this product right for my migration?
There are several things to consider before using the data migration service:
- Migration can only occur from a single-source server to G Suite.
- In a single migration from Exchange or Exchange Online, you can migrate email, calendar, or contact data, but you can't migrate 2 or more of these at the same time. You must migrate them individually in separate migrations.
- You must add your users to your new domain before you migrate data. The data migration service only migrates data to accounts of existing G Suite users. It doesn't create G Suite users from the data it migrates. Learn more
- The data migration service requires your source environment to have a TLS certificate. The certificate must be signed and trusted by a third-party root certificate authority. You cannot use the data migration service if your email server has a self-signed certificate. Learn more
- If you're migrating from Exchange or Exchange Online, you need to open the Exchange Web Services (EWS) ports on your source environment server. Learn more
- If you're migrating from Exchange, Exchange Online, or an IMAP server, you need to setup a role account on the mail server you’re migrating from. You might also need to grant impersonation rights to allow you to use the permissions associated with another user's Exchange account. Learn more
- It does not support migrating shared or public IMAP email folders.
For additional queries, go to data migration service FAQs.
Important: If your migration has complex requirements or if you need detailed logs for in-depth troubleshooting, the data migration service might not be right for your migration. Use the G Suite migration product matrix to help you choose the right product for your source data.